Hooah !

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Thu Aug 4 04:30:01 UTC 2005

In the '60's in L.A., "die-yow," also onomatopoetic for a gunshot, was
in very brief vogue as a slang term for "excellent": "Man, that chick
has some die-yow hips," wherein "hips" is a slang euphemism for
"buttocks." For some reason, the bruz tended to interpret "die-yow" as
an ordinary word. Naturally, if you do that, then the example sentence
has no discernable meaning. The hiperati tired of being asked what they
were talking about. So, this bit of slang died a-borning.

-Wilson Gray