PETA Changing NY State's Historical Names??

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Mon Aug 8 03:27:21 UTC 2005

On Aug 7, 2005, at 1:58 PM, sagehen wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       sagehen <sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM>
> Subject:      Re: FW: PETA Changing NY State's Historical Names??
> --------
>
>> Liz Martinez forwarded:
>>
>> The animal rights group based in Norfolk, Va., renewed its call,
>> first made
>> nearly a decade ago, for

>> Fishkill

Personally, WRT Fishkill, I think that PETA should simply forget the
fish and go for the kill. I suffered through a DWB stop there, a few
years ago, and I'll never forgive or forget.

Then, maybe I can forgive PETA for torching and destroying a brand-new
- less than a month old - vet-med building at my alma mater. Somehow,
they got the idea that the purpose of the building was for animal
experimentation instead of for animal hospitalization.

-Wilson Gray