"Brass tacks" (1876) and etymological evidence

Victoria Neufeldt vneufeldt at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Tue Aug 9 16:50:22 UTC 2005

Serves you all right for not pronouncing 'shone' properly!  We know
how it's done in Canada: it rhymes with 'gone' (and 'lawn'!).  :)

Victoria

Victoria Neufeldt
727 9th Street East
Saskatoon, Sask.