An instance of in-group slang (was Re: Hospital slang)

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Fri Aug 12 04:03:35 UTC 2005

"Diluted milk of magnesia": precisely the words with which my wife
described it. I take that to mean that no flavor or coloring was added
to the basic drink. I presume that "barry slushie" is in-group slang,
perhaps peculiar to the staff at the particular hospital where my wife
had the procedure done. Perhaps I should have given this a more
appropriate title, such as the one above.

There does exist a kind of crushed-ice confection aimed at the
pre-adolescent demographic that's called a "slushie" in some locations,
including this one.