"Oxford Dictionary talks tech"

John McChesney-Young panis at PACBELL.NET
Fri Aug 12 12:47:44 UTC 2005

Arnold M. Zwicky wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2005, at 7:38 PM, I had quoted:

>> "... the forward-looking folks at Oxford University Press
>>have added such computer-oriented verbiage as offshoring, phishing,
>>podcast and wiki to their big book."
>

> well, sure.  i assume you were just passing on this report.  or is
> there something in it i've missed?

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer. I intended it primarily as an
"OED in the media" note, although I also found the author's apparent
notion that it's news that the OED is adding current tech vocabulary
amusing. Perhaps it's unfair, but I got an image that he thought
revision had stopped with the 1933 edition.

John

--

*** John McChesney-Young  **  panis~at~pacbell.net  **   Berkeley,
California, U.S.A.  ***