wussy (1977)

Fri Aug 12 15:41:22 UTC 2005

 wuss (v)

_So You're Going to Be a Dad_ by Peter Downey, Da Capo Press Cambridge
MA, March 1, 2000 [first published in Australia, 1994, Simon and
Schuster Australia, East Roseville NSW] p. 135
"Diaper changing, despite the opinion of many, is not an innately
maternal pastime.  So don't wuss out."

_Brutality of fact_ [play] by Keith Reddin, Dramatists Play Service,
Inc. (New York City), 1995, p. 34
"Don't wuss out on me now."

"Many nominees already on tape; [AM Edition] "
Norman Wilner SPECIAL TO THE STAR. Toronto Star. Toronto, Ont.: Mar 27,
1992. pg. C.2
"On the other hand, there's a certain malevolent glee that arises while
watching Dustin Hoffman wuss out, twice, in his Best Actor acceptance
speeches for 1979's Kramer Vs. Kramer and Rain Man nearly a decade
later, and a deep sense of pride in seeing Paddy Chayefsky's eloquent
rebuttal to Vanessa Redgrave's "Zionist hoodlums" speech for Julia in
1976."

wussified, wussify

_Dr. Verne's Northern White Trash Etiquette_, Verne Edstrom, iUniverse
(Lincoln, NE), November 1, 1999 p. 22.
"Let him know that you care too much to see him go wussified, that if he
don't quit that damn registered nursing, God'll send him to the dainty
part of Hell, where they only serve Coors Light and the big screens all
show figure skating."

_Dr. Verne's Northern White Trash Etiquette_, Verne Edstrom, iUniverse
(Lincoln, NE), November 1, 1999 p. 57.
"I got this problem.  They're trying to wussify me."