Origin of CERT (Community Emergency Response Team)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Aug 14 19:25:33 UTC 2005

_http://www.barrypopik.com/article/1135/community-emergency-response-team-cert
_
(http://www.barrypopik.com/article/1135/community-emergency-response-team-cert)
CERT + COMMUNITY EMERGENCY RESPONSE--48.500 Google hits, 179 Google Groups
hits
CERTs (Community Emergency Response Teams) have become big things in  NYC and
around the country, especially after 9-11. Did the CERT begin in  California?
CERT is not in the OED.
CERTs can save you life and make your breath minty fresh, too!
COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC--Isn't there someone in New York City you can pay  money
to who will work on your web site for money? Anybody? Is the best I can do
in a city of eight million people really to find a guy who's in the  Dominican
Republic for three weeks and who can't spell my name? I have a  fundraiser
this Thursday, and I can't even advertise it on my own website. Can't  anybody do
this stuff for pay?
COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC--I went to NYC's Charter Revision Commission in  June. I
signed in and distributed my card. See:
[PDF] _1  1 2 3 4 Transcript of the Meeting of the 5 CHARTER REVISION  ..._
(http://www.nyc.gov/html/charter/downloads/pdf/transcript_061505_hearing.pdf)
... 6 jokes with the  audience over here, Commissioner 7 Forsythe. 8 Okay,
Mr. Barry
Popik.  9 MR. POPIK: I'd like to distribute my card, 10 first. Hello. ...
www.nyc.gov/html/charter/downloads/pdf/transcript_061505_hearing.pdf  -
2005-06-24
I got the Charter Revision Commission's report in the mail yesterday.
I'm in there as "Barry Popick."