Definition of "Sports Drink"

Wed Aug 17 01:27:37 UTC 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:00:19 -0400, Fred Shapiro <fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU>
wrote:

>Can anyone point me to any definitions of the term "sports drink" in
>dictionaries or other print or online sources?  I am very interested in
>finding out about any definitions of the term.  (I already know about
>the entry in the Oxford English Dictionary.)

Onelook provides defs from Encarta, "Webster's New Millennium" (aka
dictionary.com), and Wikipedia: <http://onelook.com/?w=sports+drink>.

Google Print indicates there's a definition in _Dictionary of Business_
(Graham Bannock, et al., Bloomberg Press, 2003), though the page image is
restricted.

--Ben Zimmer