pussy," adj. = weak; effeminate; cowardly; unmanly; soft or easy eno

neil neil at TYPOG.CO.UK
Sat Aug 20 11:57:46 UTC 2005

on 8/18/05 1:01 PM, Jonathan Lighter at wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: pussy," adj. = weak; effeminate; cowardly; unmanly; soft or
> easy         eno

--> -

> Thanks, Neil.  But "duff" = penis?  "Duff-flogger" ?  You gotta be kidding me
> !
>
> Maybe in some parallel universe, but not in the America I know !
>
> (Where do they get this stuff ?)
>
> JL
'... actually there is no one accepted sexual pattern in man's nature. Laws
don't help to clear the air. In Washington, D.C., there is a law against
masturbation that could lead a duff-flogger to a prison term.'
--Stephen Longstreet [ed], 'Nell Kimball: My Life as a Madam', Granada,
London, 1981 [page ref lost]

--Neil Crawford

> neil <neil at TYPOG.CO.UK> wrote:
> Sender: American Dialect Society