"cocktail arms"

Sun Aug 21 05:48:13 UTC 2005

"Cocktail arms": a nonce-form or a neologism with legs?

-----
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/18/fashion/thursdaystyles/18fitness.html
"Taking Personal Training to Extremes" by Stefani Jackenthal
New York Times, Aug. 18, 2005
Courtney Barroll, 45, a New York City trainer, takes her clients to
Central Park to run intervals on an uneven terrain and to do lunges up
hills while holding dumbbells. This, she said, is "the best way to see
fast results."
Her clients have liked her workouts enough to tell their friends. "What
really changed things was working with a Fifth Avenue woman who wanted
'cocktail arms' for her sleeveless dresses," Ms. Barroll said. "Once she
got them, I got flooded with calls from her friends who wanted the same. I
got so busy that I needed to raise my rates."
-----

--Ben Zimmer