"Drowned Alive"

Mon Aug 22 19:18:47 UTC 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:57:02 -0400, Michael McKernan
<mckernan at LOCALNET.COM> wrote:

>Arnold M. Zwicky wrote:
>
>>totally bizarre for me: burying has to be in the ground.
>
>Well, there is a long-standing tradition of 'burial at sea.'

And let's not forget the proverbial "watery grave", in which one could
conceivably be buried alive. Ah, here we go...

-----
http://www.cnn.com/US/9904/12/buried.alive.02/
CNN, April 12, 1999

Magician surfaces from watery grave after weeklong burial

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Wobbly but relieved, magician David Blaine surfaced
after spending seven days in a transparent coffin 6 feet under and covered
with tons of water in New York.
-----

--Ben Zimmer