transport/transfer tubes

Tue Aug 23 22:26:10 UTC 2005

> Should it be a candidate if it has never actually been used
> by the purported euphemizers? I've looked through many dozens
> of Web mentions, and they all rely on the unsourced Toronto
> Star article, either explicitly or implicitly. People who
> actually know something about the topic refer to the
> aforementioned "human-remains pouch" as the offical euphemism
> for "body bag". The metal container used to transport the
> body is known as a "transfer case", or more fully a
> "human-remains transfer case".

I've looked through some military/DoD databases, and come to a similar
conclusion.  "Transfer/Transport Tubes" (as a euphemism for body bags --

the phrase does exist in other contexts) ain't real.

Janes:  Body Bags has 14 cites, T/T T has 0
Soldiers Magazine (sponsored by U.S. Army) body bags 15, T/T T has 0
DoD Press Briefings archive:  body bags 13, T/T T has 0
Google on entire .mil domain: body bags or body bag 300, T/T T has 0