trouser pants

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 25 19:07:35 UTC 2005

"Trouser pants" is a ruralism. The point is that not only is
Granddad's sense of style passe, but, even when it was a la mode, it
was nevertheless unhip as a consequence of its being country and
down-home in origin. "Ascot" implies that Granddad is trine tuh front,
since it's not likely that he knows what an ascot is, if he thinks
that any kids need or would wear
ascots as part of their school clothing. The use of "everyone" as
opposed to "both of y'all"/"bofe uh y'all" also implies that the old
dude is gettin' beside himself, trina be all sididdy.

-Wilson Gray

--
-Wilson Gray