Un-water

Erik Hoover grinchy at GRINCHY.COM
Wed Aug 31 16:35:07 UTC 2005

Look again for unwatering in Google.  It appears to be a civil and
military engineering term. 697 hits.

On Aug 31, 2005, at 9:08 AM, Russ McClay wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Russ McClay <mcclay at TAOLODGE.COM>
> Subject:      Un-water
> --------
>
> From an article about Hurricane Katrina:
>
> The Army Corps of Engineers and local officials scrambled to plug
> leaks.
> "We need to close the gaps and un-water the city," said John Hall, a
> Corps
> spokesman.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/89xav
>
> I didn't find any google hits for un-water in this sense (drain).
>
> FWIW
> Russ

-------------
Important:
This email message and any attached files contain information intended
for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed
and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged,
confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying,
disclosure or distribution of this information may be subject to legal
restriction or sanction. Please notify the sender, by email or
telephone,
of any unintended recipients and delete the original message without
making any copies.