Shays's Rebellion (follow-up)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Dec 1 19:30:57 UTC 2005

I was appalled at the lack of interest in the early history of the
United States (only 3 hits?), until I googled (*not* Google News-ed) and found:

Shays'   Rebellion - 48,700
Shays's Rebellion - 12, 600

and Google even has an opinion on the latter spelling:  it asks me
      Did you mean: "shay's rebellion"

I observe that Google News seems to strip the apostrophe:
      Results 1 - 3 of 3 for shays-rebellion  [droppping the
quotation marks here]
but Google does not:
      Results 1 - 10 of about 48,700 for "shays' rebellion"

But what does the following say to us about pronunciation?!

Jesus' -- about 70,300,000
Jesus's -- about    570,000

Joel