Query: Jim Cramer's "Booyah!"

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Fri Dec 9 01:29:31 UTC 2005

 Today a friend asked me about the origin of the interjection "Booyah!", used repeatedly by flamboyant financial guru Jim Cramer on CNBC.  I don't find it listed in HDAS and don't have OED handy.  On Google I find several references to "booyah" as a soup stew with chicken (from "bouillon" or "bouillir"), but this food name may have nothing to do with Cramer's interjection.

    Would anyone know the origin of Cramer's "Booyah"?  Is he the only one who uses this interjection (besides the people who have picked it up from him)?  Did he perhaps just invent the term himself?

Gerald Cohen