FYI: "Yingle Bells" (1949) & "I Yust Go Nuts at Christmas"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Dec 13 21:08:51 UTC 2005

FYI: A dialect version of "Jingle Bells" is "Yingle Bells." The 1949
recording appears to have started it.
_TOWER  TICKER_
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=0&did=494785462&SrchMode=1&sid=1&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1134507823&clientId=
65882)
Savage. Chicago Daily  Tribune (1872-1963). Chicago, Ill.: Dec 17, 1949. p.
15 (1 page) :
Santa Claus is making this year's journey via Sweden. The biggest selling
holiday biscuit is Yogi Yorgesson's Capitol cutting, "Yingle Bells."

_http://www.twhgrafx.com/scribblings/archives/000108.html_
(http://www.twhgrafx.com/scribblings/archives/000108.html)

Even better was “Yingle Bells”. I am from Norwegian stock as well as Irish
and all the others through my grandfather. Uncle Gil didn’t speak Norwegian
that  I knew of but I think he was in the Sons of Norway and was definitely
proud of  his heritage. I can’t remember for sure but I think the album was called
“Stan  & Doug Yust Go Nuts at Christmas.” It might have been Yogi Yorgesson.
I wish  I could remember.
"Jingle Bells" was one of the first songs I’d learned after “Santa Claus is
Coming to Town” so I could sort of sing along after I figured out the parody
words –
Yingle Bells, Yingle Bells, yingling all the way
I should have  worn long underwear in that one horse open sleigh, heh!”
I wish I could remember the rest of it. I tried looking for the words online
but didn’t have much luck. I did find the artists’ names though and so I can
 sort of credit them. I found out that it was released on December 9, 1949
and  made it into the top 40! I also found that there is a Swedish website that
offers these artists on a CD. If it’s offered in Sweden it’s just funny
enough  it might be on ebay or something too!
My Aunt Nancy died of lung cancer after I married my first husband and moved
to Maryland. I don’t remember the year exactly. My Uncle Gil has lived on by
himself in that large house in Bay Shore. He grieved a lot and didn’t want to
 marry again. He was seeing a very nice widow and right now they are
maintaining  separate homes. It seems a smart move for two people set in their ways. I
 haven’t seen him in so many years. I wonder if he’s still “Uncle Bone
Squisher”.  I should see him and find out.Posted by Cassie at  November 29, 2003
05:32 PM
Comments

If you email Stephen Howard at the following address, you can order a CD from
 him for $12.00 including shipping (USA & Canada) and/or you can ask him for
the lyrics to any of the songs by "Yogi Yorgesson" (and I think he has the
lyrics for the other characters and songs done by Harry Stewart, as well). I
know for certain he has the lyrics to "Yingle Bells," at least. The email
address is: sfhow at mindspring.com. The website I found the info on is
www.yogiyorgesson.com. HTH!Posted by: _Amy_ (mailto:raven9653 at peoplepc.com)  at August 14,
2004 09:35 PM

i remember that song yingle bells from a childrens christmas tape i once had
im only 20 and i still walk around singing it all year roundPosted by: _Brad_
(mailto:sirbowen_2006 at yahoo.cm)  at July 27, 2004 03:43 PM

Hello, I just heard Yingle Bells on 247polkaheaven. Looking for lyrics of
this song. Happy holidays.Posted by: _Peter_ (mailto:krusten at hot.ee)   at
December 28, 2003 02:47 PM

I never thought anyone else would know what song it was that I was trying to
remember.....but that is the one!!!! I only remember the part that said....
I  hear my vife yell.....
I can't see her face....
Guess I must have lost her  when i turned at yohnsons place......Posted by:
_Sherry_ (mailto:sherbaxt at earthlink.net)  at December 26, 2003 01:45 PM

My dad knows all the words to both "Yingle Bells" and "I Yust Go Nuts At
Christmas". I used to know them, too. I was actually trying to find them on the
web when I found this page. Some of the words to "Yingle Bells" are:
My wife said to me,
"Let's not take the old coupe. (pron.  coo-pay)
Let's hitch up the horse
To the one-horse open sleigh!"
The horse was awful mad.
If he could talk he'd say,
"You be sorry you  hitch me
To the one-horse open sleigh!"
Oh, yingle bells, yingle bells,
Yingling all the way!
Should have worn  long underwear
In that one-horse open sleigh!

That's all I remember right now.Posted by:  _Josh_ (mailto:jdb14 at po.cwru.edu)
 at December 17, 2003 02:32 PM

I have a recording of Yingling Bells or I yust go nuts. It is one of my
husbands favorites
Merry ChristmasPosted by: _jan_ (mailto:eljan at etv.net)  at  December 14, 2003
05:22 PM

I am looking for the song Yingle Bells. Anyone know where I can find
it?Posted by: _toni_ (mailto:tlm0522 at earthlink.net)  at December 11, 2003 08:57  PM