skiffle, v. (1935)

James Landau jjjrlandau at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Dec 28 23:13:41 UTC 2005

Is the "Chicago Defender" an African-American newspaper?

I have a vague recollection that there was an African-American newspaper in
my home town of Louisville KY that was called the "Louisville Defender".
Is there some unwritten rule that only African-Americans are allowed to
name a newspaper "Defender"?

        - James A. Landau