"Dittybop / Dittybopper"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Feb 2 01:26:00 UTC 2005

Have discovered that besides their tedious old meanings, so familiar that I needn't bore you with them, these words have been used in the military with the senses "high-speed Morse operator" and "high-speed Morse receiver/transmitter."  To "dittybop" also means "to transmit Morse code at high speed."

Can any of my distinguished colleagues and consultants add anything to the above from personal experience ?

JL