California vowels

Douglas Bigham TlhovwI at AOL.COM
Fri Feb 4 08:34:05 UTC 2005

Yeah, I've heard this.  I use this pronunciation sometimes.  It feels like
I'm quoting something.  Was there any kind of nasal-y thing (or even a breathy
thing) at the beginning?  It feels like, for me, that's more common with an
@-a  final vowel thing.  Yeah... I'm definitely "quoting" something with this...
just not sure what. I'll check with some friends about this.

-doug

In a message dated 2/2/2005 4:40:56 PM Central Standard Time,