The stink/The stank

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Mon Feb 7 21:22:46 UTC 2005

*Very interesting! So, it's a term, well-known in the Mother Country,
that seemingly has died out among members of the primary social group
in the daughter-country. Yet, it somehow has been preserved by members
of a despised secondary group, a not-unknown occurrence. Since I am
fully persuaded of the correctness of Jonathon's evidence, I am thereby
obligated to put aside the erroneous belief that "stinkfinger(ing)" is
a term that arose in the black linguistic pool (Blackpool! Get it?
Rimshot!). I guess that the colored will now have to make do with Plato
and Cleopatra.*

*This is a reference to a species of pseudo-history still prevalent,
unfortunately, among some black Americans, including even some
academics, that supposedly gives the lie to the white man's perversion,
distortion, and revision of the history of Western civilization. For
some reason, Plato and Cleopatra have stuck in my mind, probably
because I've been familiar with these two claims since I learned to
read. Ey, wallah:

The name usually rendered as "Plato" in English derives from "platon,"
the Greek word for "flat." Plato was given this (nick)name because he
had a, by the white man's standard, flat nose. This so-called "flat"
nose is typical of people whose ancestry flows from Mother Africa, from
whose ebon loins sprang mankind itself! Hence, Plato was black.

Cleopatra was an Egyptian. Not even The Man himself disputes this.
Egypt is in Africa. The black race comes from Africa. Therefore,
Cleopatra was black.

-Wilson