Dictionaries Online?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Feb 8 16:53:49 UTC 2005

At 8:33 AM -0800 2/8/05, Jason Norris wrote:
>Although there are several online dictionaries, I was wondering
>which one(s) you use on a regular basis, whether free or
>subscription? (Or do you stick with the hard copy versions?)
>
>Any recommendations?
>
>Jason Norris

I use, and recommend, American Heritage Dictionary, 4th ed. (2000),
http://www.bartleby.com/61/

Disclaimer:  I'm a member of the Usage Panel.  I still think it's the
best universally accessible online dictionary, although if you can
access the Oxford English Dictionary from your domain, there's
nothing better.  I can get it at http://dictionary.oed.com/, but your
institution has to subscribe.

Larry