A new phenomenon?

James C Stalker stalker at MSU.EDU
Tue Feb 22 03:06:40 UTC 2005

I suspect that it will be a brief phenomenon.  My guess is that the trail
blazed by memorandum will be the path to follow: memorandum; memoranda:
memorandums/memorandas: fugidaboudit: memos.  So: phenomenon/phenomena:
phenoms.  Google gives 40,900 hits for phenoms.  I'm still lamenting the
loss of fewer which has been replaced by less.  Phenoms is not reall English
anyway.  This usage stuff is all Greek to me.

Jim Stalker