Wall of Shame

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Feb 23 16:28:26 UTC 2005

"Too early." It's tough going through 70 messages a day on this computer in the Dominican Republic, folks.

HELLO--I found this in the 1830s and posted that here years ago. I'll wait until Early American Newspapers is finished for a better answer, but it's at least that.

WONK--I looked through the Harvard Lampoon about ten years ago. I believe that I'd found "wonk" (the reverse spelling of "know") in 1955 or 1956.

WALL OF SHAME--Did someone discusss "Walk of Shame"? By the ugly Columbus monument here in Santo Domingo there was a slum. To hide it, in 1992 for the 500th anniversary festivities of 1492, they built a wall that became known as the "Wall of Shame."

I'm stuck at a resort here. Nothing much new in horseback riding or swimming.