Query about slang "scootch"-- Why -ch?

J. Eulenberg eulenbrg at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Wed Feb 23 23:56:04 UTC 2005

I failed to read the entire set of discussions.  In addition to my
friend's "skosh," I have certainly heard and used "scootch," as in
"scootch down this way" and "scootch together" both.  Is this my lingering
Dallas "dialect" again?

Julia Niebuhr Eulenberg <eulenbrg at u.washington.edu>