Church key anecdote

Barbara Need nee1 at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Feb 25 17:50:06 UTC 2005

>Contrary to what appears to be popular belief, screw-off tops are
>far from universal.  For some reason, at least the microbrews I
>drink come in bottles with tops that still need to be pried off.

[stuff deleted]

>Peter Mc.

Well, and screw-off tops are often very hard to GET off! They still
have the crimping around the edges and I find a church key (or other
bottle opener) still the best way to get the tops off beer and soda
(pop, soda pop, tonic, soft drink) bottles.

Barbara