Mama Juana & Underground Hotel

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Feb 26 21:51:40 UTC 2005

The La Romana caves were great. The "smiley" clearly goes back at least 500 years.

UNDERGROUND HOTEL--Used by a tour guide of "cemetery." He said he got it from the U.S. I don't know what the HDAS will have.

MAMA JUANA--Not in the OED. OED editors must not have vacationed in the Dominican Republic at all. This and "Larimar" are in every gift shop.

(GOOGLE)
Bejucos Roots from the Dominican Republic - [ Traduzca esta página ]
... tonic of roots, barks, woody vines and leaves called "Mama Juana". ... use is as tincture
made with the local rum. ... is to ferment them in water with sugar or honey. ...
www.natural-safe-hormones.com/our_story.html - 11k - En caché - Páginas similares

Rough Guides Travel - [ Traduzca esta página ]
... Mama Juana was quite nice, too… the combination of mysterious tropical roots, bark ...
and potency with each “rejuvenation” by rum, red wine, and honey. ...
travel.roughguides.com/planning/journalEntryFreeForm. asp?JournalID=38615&EntryID=18898 - 65k - 24 Feb 2005 - En caché - Páginas similares

DOMINICAN WOMEN FAQ - Dominican In Love - [ Traduzca esta página ]
... One of my favorite is "Mama Juana" It is a mixture of roots that they put in a bottle
that later you add rum, wine, and honey too, or just make your own drink ...
www.dominicaninlove.com/faq.html - 40k - En caché - Páginas similares