Irish Lingo & Million Dollar Baby

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Mon Feb 28 23:20:45 UTC 2005

On Feb 28, 2005, at 5:23 PM, paulzjoh wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       paulzjoh <paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM>
> Subject:      Re: Irish Lingo & Million Dollar Baby
> --------
>
> Don't forget:
> Who put the overalls in Mrs Murphy's  chowder.
> The wearing of the green

A fellow G.I. and former high-school classmate used to sing the "The
Wearing ..." under his breath as we marched off to a day's training. I
really enjoyed the pun. (During basic infantry training, you gotta grab
all the gusto you can.) As some will recall, the Army wore green and
not camo, back in the day.

-Wilson Gray