"Killing is our business, and business is good"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jan 3 06:26:16 UTC 2005

KILLING IS OUR BUSINESS + BUSINESS IS GOOD--202 Google hits, 18 Google
Groups hits
My sister came back from vacation, so I called her. She said she was on
another line and would call me back. I thought I just wait and watch "Law &
Order." And another "Law & Order." And another "Law & Order." And I'm  wondering,
how many people have to die??
On one "Law & Order," a suspect had a "business is good" tat on one  arm.
"Business is good?" remarked Jerry Orbach. "Was he working for the Chamber  of
Commerce?"
It was later found that this personal was in this military. What "tat"  is on
the other arm of military men? "Killing is our business."
I've heard this before, but I can't find many hits. Is it a quote from
Patton?

(GOOGLE)
_From Vietnam to Iraq, by Edward S. Herman_
(http://musictravel.free.fr/political/political35.htm)
... (Second best is the words of the banner hung over the Vietnam  military
camp run
by General George Patton Jr.: "Killing is  our business, and business is
good.").  ...
musictravel.free.fr/political/political35.htm  - 23k - _Cached_
(http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:EGFHVV9OyBMJ:musictravel.free.fr/political/political35
.htm+"killing+is+our+business"+and+"business+is+good"&hl=en&ie=UTF-8)  -
_Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&q=related:musictravel.free.fr/political/political35.htm)
(GOOGLE GROUPS)
_From Vietnam to Iraq_
(http://groups-beta.google.com/group/soc.culture.iraq/browse_frm/thread/d91434e07f4f4120/1d8f4793556b3283?q="killing+is+our+business"
+and+"business+is+good"&_done=/groups?q="killing+is+our+business"+and+"busines
s+is+good"&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&sa=N&tab=wg&&_doneTitle=Back+to+Search&
&d#1d8f4793556b3283)
... best is the  words of the banner hung over the Vietnam military camp run
by General
George  Patton Jr.: "Killing is our business, and  business is good.") In the
_soc.culture.iraq_ (http://groups-beta.google.com/group/soc.culture.iraq)  -
Apr  30 2003, 8:34 pm by Dan Clore - 2 messages - 2 authors
COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC:
WHERE DID BARRY POPIK EAT?

It was another perfect day for walking. I've essentially walked all of  the
recent Time Out New York's "Cheap Streets for Cheap Eats."
_http://www.gothamist.com/archives/2004/10/25/chock_full_of_tasty_goodness.php
_
(http://www.gothamist.com/archives/2004/10/25/chock_full_of_tasty_goodness.php)
On Sunday, I did Arthur Avenue in the Bronx, 116th Street in Manhattan, and
Manhattan Avenue in Greenpoint (above the BQE this time). I ate at the praised
 OTT (Authentic Thai Cuisine), 970 Manhattan Avenue, and too many Arthur
Avenue  bakeries.
Addeo's Bakery, 3352 Arthur Avenue, proudly declares "The original pane di
casa." The original house bread??