"I must, I must, I must increase my bust" (1970)

Indigo Som indigo at WELL.COM
Wed Jan 5 09:12:11 UTC 2005

I remember the last line (circa 1976-7) as:
The BIGger the better, the TIGHTer the sweater, the BOYS are depending on us!

Was that the version in Are You There God, It's Me Margaret? Must
also say, none of us ever took it seriously. We thought it was
ridiculous. We girls all read that book (& all other Blume books,
including the scandalous, permission-slip-necessary Forever) but
could not remotely understand why she wanted her period so badly (or
at all). I guess second-wave feminism was having some kind of impact
in Marin County, CA.

--
Indigo Som
indigo at well.com