"Target" as a French word?

Miriam Meyers miriammeyers at VISI.COM
Tue Jan 18 18:08:25 UTC 2005

This topic was discussed briefly on the list a few years ago.  Many
Minneapolitans I know use this pronunciation.  (Target is based here,
and many of us have shopped here for years.)  The French pronunciation
is referred to  regularly in the news.
Miriam Meyers
Metropolitan State University (emerita)