Salade Composee; Next Best Thing to Brad Pitt

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Jan 19 19:34:39 UTC 2005

SALADE COMPOSEE
OED doesn't have "salade composee" either. Just miserable. Thank goodness
for this parking ticket work release program to write a food  dictionary.
I was kindly supplied the following "salade composee" cite by an ADS-L
lurker. It's from someone named Julia Child, whoever that is.
Can't remember your first citing for 'composed salad' which appears  in
Simone Beck, Louisette Bertolle & Julia Child's 'Mastering the Art of  French
Cooking' (Knopf, 1961) Penguin, London, 1966, 579 as 'Salades  Composées
[don't know if the e acute will come out in email], but the index  further
defines a Niçoise as a 'Combination',
(PROQUEST HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS)
_Create  a Work of Art With Shades of Green on Green; VINAIGRETTE SALADE
COMPOSEE  The French Chef _
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=0&did=154833182&SrchMode=1&sid=8&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1106162273&cl
ientId=65882)
By Julia Child. The Washington Post, Times Herald (1959-1973).  Washington,
D.C.: May 11, 1967. p. C10 (1 page)

_French  Salads; Salade Compoqsee Julia Child will demonstrate the
preparation of  today's feature recipe on "The French Chef" on WETA-TV (Channel 26)
tonight at 6 and Monday at 8. Last week's recipe may be obtained by  sending a
stamped, self-addressed envelope to Channel 26, Washington, D.C.  20001. Salade
Verte Vinaigrette _
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=1&did=132592992&SrchMode=1&sid=8&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1106162273&client
Id=65882)
By Julia  Child. The Washington Post, Times. Aug 17,  1969. p. 159 (1 page)

NEXT BEST THING TO BRAD PITT
I keep waiting for ProQuest to add more material to the Los Angeles Times
and the Chicago Tribune for 2005, but no. So "the Next Best Thing Since Robert
Redford" is still on hold.
If Jennifer Aniston gets too depressed and doesn't want to marry me, she  can
always have "The Next Best Thing to Brad Pitt." I saw this sold at a bakery
on Bleecker Street. (I ate at the Indian restaurant at Bleecker and 7th
Avenue.)
(GOOGLE)
_The Next  Best Thing to BRAD PITT  Recipe_ (http://www.recipezaar.com/66338)
ADVERTISEMENT - PLEASE SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS  Click Here. you are here: Home >
The
Next Best Thing  to BRAD PITT. ... The Next Best  Thing to BRAD PITT #66338.
www.recipezaar.com/66338 - 27k - Supplemental Result - _Cached_
(http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:53dV2KT-uy4J:www.recipezaar.com/66338+"next+best+thing
+to+brad+pitt"&hl=en&ie=UTF-8)  - _Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:www.recipezaar.com/66338)