sammich

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Fri Jan 21 18:16:11 UTC 2005

arnold,

Yes, I (in)famously recently said in a talk that "African Americans
and Appalachian immigrants are retarded in their acquisition of the
Northern Cities Shift."

Course in my opinion (from a purely affective point of view of
course), it ain't no better kind of retardation to have than that
which holds off the NCS, but some folk did have to take others aside
and explain Kindly Old Perfessor Preston's rhetorical ineptitude.

Please don't do the same with the above.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor