Keyboard Quarterbacks (1992)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Jan 23 02:03:01 UTC 2005

ROLODEX RANGER: Grant Barrett is in this Sunday's "On Language" column by William Safire. Safire discusses "Rolodex Ranger," something I recently posted here.

KEYBOARD QUARTERBACK

KEYBOARD QUARTERBACK--16 Google hits, 4 Google Groups hits
KEYBOARD QUARTERBACKS--415 Google hits, 5 Google Groups hits

Like "Monday morning quarterback," someone who second-guesses from the quiet of a keyboard (perhaps, while in pajamas, like a "pajama pundit").

Newsday (http://newsdaysports.blogspot.com) uses this a lot...There's a nice "Keyboard Quarterbacks" article about the "Halle Berry Syndrome," of athletes marrying up and performing down, but that doesn't seem to have caught on.

(GOOGLE)
Keyboard Quarterbacks: November 2004
... indifference to human life. Hackett may think he's safe from the media, but
no one is safe from the Keyboard Quarterbacks. We're equal ...
newsdaysports.blogspot.com/ 2004_11_01_newsdaysports_archive.html - 82k - Cached - Similar pages

(GOOGLE)
massbike August 2002: Re: [massbike] What not to do, and what t
... It's easy to play keyboard quarterback and say, "they should be fixed or removed."
But come time to actually do something, some of us need real information ...
www.massbike.org/email/archive/200208/0262.html - 10k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
Hey, HERE'S an IDEA!!!!
Could all of the over-zealous keyboard quarterbacks out there please contain
their convulsive fits and whining? It's bad enough ...
rec.sport.football.pro - Oct 29 1992, 1:48 pm by d'may... at tier.key.edu - 3 messages - 3 authors