Gandhi's "eye for eye"(1982) (FURY, 1936)

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Sun Jan 23 15:38:07 UTC 2005

In a message dated  Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:23:14 -0500,  Bapopik at AOL.COM quoted:

>  While in the Bronx Help Center on Friday, I brought up the topic of a
storm.
> "You"ve been here a long time," I was told. "Have we ever closed?" Before I
> could answer, there was this: "When the electricity went out. We had a
> skeletal staff."

MWCD10 has "skeletal" as meaning "...resembling a skeleton" so presumably the
staff was stranded for days with no food and when rescued were down to skin
and bones.

       - Jim Landau