NY Post on "Birth of a Nation" (1915)(LONG); Asked you to jump (1928)

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Mon Jan 24 01:50:31 UTC 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

> So I splurged $2 on a subway to NYU. I don't see the quotation
> here...

Thanks to Barry for his help on this!  The inaccuracy of the claim that
the Wilson "history with lightning" quote appeared in 1915 is significant
beyond just the matter of first use; it supports the idea that Wilson
never said the quote altogether, since I think other claimed or documented
appearances of the quote don't start until the 1930s.

Fred Shapiro