krumping

Thu Jan 27 20:50:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:33:13 -0500, Benjamin Zimmer
<bgzimmer at RCI.RUTGERS.EDU> wrote:

>* krumpy, adj.
>
>2004 _Independent_ 27 Apr. 14 (Nexis) "It all kicked off when we started
>to get all krumpy at weekends," explains Tommy the Clown, who has been up
>all night at a party.

Upon rereading, it's pretty clear that this quote was "corrected" by the
_Independent_ reporter or her editors.  I highly doubt that a speaker from
South Central LA would ever say "at weekends" rather than "on weekends" or
"on the weekend".

--Ben Zimmer