The Sanas Jazz, Jazz and Teas

Educational CyberPlayGround admin at EDU-CYBERPG.COM
Fri Jan 28 16:05:28 UTC 2005

Bill

re: extraneous characters in email

the adl list software doesn't
handle machine code formatting very well
thats why you see extraneous characters

everyone could try to send plain text
w/o any formatting to the list

everyone can choose that preference
in their email clients

and then again you'd still have to have
your browser working well to see it
correctly on your screen

Not all software play nice with others

it's not about language
it's about technology.

hope that helps,

Karen Ellis

>On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 07:03:02PM -0500, Fred Shapiro wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Mullins, Bill wrote:
> >
> > > Is there some setting in AOL you can change so your posts come arrive
> > > without
> > > extraneous characters inserted?
> >
> > Is there some setting in AOL that he can change so that some etymologies
> > are not Irish in origin?

          ///     Karen Ellis
         ///    Educational CyberPlayGround
   __ ///    National Children's Folksong Repository
   \\\///    Guavaberry Books
    \X/    Funk Brothers WebQuest
     \/    <http://www.edu-cyberpg.com>

"Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread
within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect."    - Chief Seattle

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth
is still putting on its shoes." Mark Twain