The Sanas Jazz, Jazz and Teas

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jan 29 15:15:44 UTC 2005

Damned good speech, too!

JL

"Mark A. Mandel" <mamandel at LDC.UPENN.EDU> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: "Mark A. Mandel"
Subject: Re: The Sanas Jazz, Jazz and Teas

Karen Ellis wrote:

"Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread
within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect." - Chief Seattle

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth
is still putting on its shoes." Mark Twain

<<<

Indeed. The stirring speech attributed to Chief Seattle by a screenwriter
over a century after his death will never be detached from his name.
See http://www.snopes.com/quotes/seattle.htm .

-- Mark A. Mandel