Acka-backa, soda cracker

Mon Jan 31 15:15:03 UTC 2005

Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM> writes:

******************************
"There was an old man of Milan
Whose verses never would scan.
He said, "As a poet,
My fault, and I know it,
Is that I always try to get as many words into the very last line as I
possibly can."

--Anon., with the middle lines by JL because I can't remember the originals.
 <<<<<

This has something in common with

2.
        There was a young man of Peru
        whose limericks stopped at line 2.

and
1.
        There was a young man of Verdun

which I heard or read I-don't-remember-where, and which seem to require a
finisher:

0. [This limerick would be about the young man from St. Paul whose limericks
had no lines at all... but, of course, it doesn't exist.]

-- Mark
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]