I'd Hit It?

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Mon Jan 31 21:15:39 UTC 2005

        I'm not sure if this is intentional, a huge screwup, or an inadvertent success:  McDonald's is currently running a banner ad on ESPN.com, http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/index, with the message "Double Cheeseburger? | I'd Hit It | I'm a Dollar Menu Guy."  As you all know, "I'd hit it" means "I would like to have sex with that person," a sentiment that seems out of place when applied to a double cheeseburger.  The ad is drawing comment, one example being http://andrewteman.typepad.com/worldchamp/2005/01/mcdonalds_wants.

John Baker