"pickle-puss"

Tue Jul 5 03:05:26 UTC 2005

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 22:36:35 -0400, Sam Clements <SClements at NEO.RR.COM> wrote:

>Hey!  You mean I might be right, here?  :)

Hard to say without hearing some of those early Mel Allen shows. He might
have had a regular bit where Walter Tetley called him "puzzle-puss" or
"pickle-puss". The keepers of "The Walter Tetley Web Page" might know:

http://wtwp.freeownhost.com/contents.php3

(On the web, everyone gets a tribute page... this one was set up by "Rocky
and Bullwinkle" fans, since Tetley went on to do the voice of Sherman on
"Peabody's Improbable History".)

--Ben Zimmer