Heartship (hardship)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Jul 7 18:33:56 UTC 2005

At 10:12 AM -0700 7/7/05, Arnold M. Zwicky wrote:
>On Jul 7, 2005, at 9:39 AM, Barry Popik wrote:
>
>>A respondent today just pleaded "heartship." (hardship)
>
>for a change, this  one got no google web or newsgroup hits at all,
>not for
>   plead/pleads/pleading/pleaded/pled heartship.

Well, maybe not, but there is "financial heartship":

http://www.newshounds.us/2005/03/13/time_to_profit_from_financial_heartship.php
The gang on Forbes on Fox today were very upbeat about the Bankruptcy
Bill and the profits to be made investing in credit card companies
now that the "deadbeats' will no longer be able to get out of debt.
Everyone agreed that there was really no credit crisis in the country
yet all of them acknowledged that people were over extended and
tapping out their homes.However,nobody seemed concerned about the
problems ending the segment sharing stock tips to profit from other
people's financial heartship.3/13/05

and "heartship license":

http://www.noteworthyusa.com/Experts/Details.asp?QID=1145
can i get my heartship license when im 15 so i can ride alone the
reason im asking is i have no ride to school

and various other sorts of heartship causing all kinds of anguish.  I
thought there might be some hits for athletes "going heartship" (to
allow them to play in the pros) in the old days, but I couldn't find
any of those.

Larry