speaking of aigcorns...

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Jul 19 01:34:06 UTC 2005

From an on-line story:

"I just want to know why you kept the pictures, why would you do that
and risk other people seeing them?"

"No one else has seen them. I didn't risk anything. The thing that
bothers me is that you were just getting ready to sail me down the
riverŠ and that didn't bother you one bit."

Understandable enough, given the current opacity of the connection of
"sell NP down the river" with the slave trade (and not, I gather,
with the prison at Sing Sing) and the association of sailing with
rivers, not the mention the phonology.  But an eggcorn it is.

Larry