siditty, saditty (1963), siddity (1965)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Jul 20 19:12:41 UTC 2005

>No, it sounded clearly like "saditty", and the closed-captioning agreed.

With what stress?  If it's antepenult, I certainly can't detect any
huge difference in how "SADitty" and "SADurday" would sound,
especially with a non-rhotic pronunciation of the latter.  But if
it's stressed in another way, there's no possibility of confusion,
even without the support of the closed-captioning.

Larry