Contributors wanted for book on "Invented Languages"

Michael Adams madams1448 at AOL.COM
Thu Jul 21 18:00:11 UTC 2005

Dear Colleagues,

I am currently editing an book on "Invented Languages" for the Oxford
University Press.  that will include chapters on international
languages like Volapuk and Esperanto; the many languages of Tolkien's
Middle-Earth; reconstructed/renewed languages from Mongolian to Welsh;
etc.  According to the proposal, it will also include chapters on
Klingon, conlangs generally, and invented vocabularies like Nadsat and
Newspeak, but I am having trouble locating authors for these three
chapters.

I am underselling the book here, but I would be happy to send a full
prospectus of the project to any Klingonist or conlanger who might be
willing to contribute -- just leave the list and send a response to the
address above.

Michael Adams