Contributors wanted for book on "Invented Languages"

Chris F Waigl cwaigl at FREE.FR
Thu Jul 21 18:54:13 UTC 2005

Michael Adams wrote:

>I am currently editing an book on "Invented Languages" for the Oxford
>University Press.  that will include chapters on international
>languages like Volapuk and Esperanto; the many languages of Tolkien's
>Middle-Earth; reconstructed/renewed languages from Mongolian to Welsh;
>etc.  According to the proposal, it will also include chapters on
>Klingon, conlangs generally, and invented vocabularies like Nadsat and
>Newspeak, but I am having trouble locating authors for these three
>chapters.

There is at least one blog in Klingon, and it has been up for a year and a half.
 <http://bologh.blogspot.com/>. Maybe someone who reads Klingon can figure out
who the author is (email: <Qov at kli.org>). I presume they communicate in English
on occasion.

The blog does at least touch on language matters -- Jean Véronis,  the author of
a French linguistics blog (<http://aixtal.blogspot.com/>) found himself quoted
there.

>[...]

Chris Waigl