incorrigible?

Michael McKernan mckernan at LOCALNET.COM
Fri Jul 22 00:25:53 UTC 2005

sagehen wrote:

>"It is just inconceivable & truly incorrigible that in the midst of the
>war, that the Democratic leaders would be conducting guerrilla warfare on
>American troops," said Representative Joe Wilson, Republican of South
>Carolina, about potential legislation aimed at creating an independent
>sommission to investigate detainee abuse at Guant·namo.
>(quoted in /The Progressive/ Aug 2005  "No Comment")
> I can't decide what the speaker was aiming at with
>"incorrigible:"....incredible? unintelligible?
>A. Murie

Seems to me that Wilson was simply labelling the 'Democratic leaders' as
incorrigible due to his perception that Republicans haven't managed to
subdue them into 'correcting' their errant ways.  So the only problem I
have with his sentence is he's positioned the term to describe 'It' (the
situation he's talking about)  rather than 'Democratic leaders.'  Perhaps
he felt that we'd be able to understand him as meaning ' & truly
demonstrates how incorrigible they are...'

Michael McKernan