duck tape? gaffers/gaffer tape?

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Tue Jul 26 03:19:38 UTC 2005

FWIW, The Movie Channel once showed brief infomercials between movies.
The one that featured gaffer's tape showed it looking a lot more like
what I know as "electrician's tape" - smooth, black, stretchy plastic -
and not at all like duck/duct tape - textured, silvery, non-stretchy
cloth.

Of course, that impression could have been merely an artifact of the
(lack of) effort put into filming a two-minute time-filler combined
with a non-hi-def CRT.

-Wilson