come on like gangbusters/Buster's gang

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Fri Jun 3 19:08:50 UTC 2005

Have many people here have actually heard "Gangbusters"? FWIW, I have
and "Gangbusters" didn't "come." Rather, "Gangbusters" came *on*. But
consider this verse from the song, "Searchin'', by The Coasters:

Wherever she's a-hidin'
She's gonna hear me comin'
I'll walk right down that street
Like Bulldog Drummond

Bulldog Drummond was not known for walking down the street. So, at the
end of the day, who can say that the author below wasn't influenced by
"come on like Gangbusters"?

-Wilson Gray